Need More Information?
Ready to Order?
For questions, more details, or information about ordering the report, please contact:
VP, Customer Relations
(888) 988-1699, ext. 1
(888) 988-1699, ext. 57
Nondestructive Testing: NDT 101
- Jim Dinell, VP NDT & Special Processes, AllTranstek
AllTranstek is North America's largest third party, non-asset based provider of knowledge services to the rail sector.
No other company has the combination of innovation, independence & individualized solutions that characterize AllTranstek.
Learn more at:
Closer Look Series
The Closer Look Series combines AllTranstek’s rail equipment intelligence with FTR’s dynamic forecasting model and analysis in a collaborative methodology to produce the industry’s most thorough and comprehensive rail equipment forecast and report.
True to its name, the Closer Look Series scrutinizes the current railcar market with respect to freight transportation across all car types in order to provide the most advanced analytics available in the rail industry. With a wealth of institutional knowledge and data, FTR and AllTranstek combine our efforts and industry expertise to provide the most complete annual update on trends in the North American Railcar Fleet.
The Closer Look Series is comprised of six individual reports covering each of the six major car types: Covered Hoppers, Tank Cars, Gondolas, Open Top Hoppers, Box Cars, and Flat Cars.
These reports provide invaluable information and insight for longstanding rail equipment industry participants, as well and new entrants to the industry, including fleet owners, leasing companies, new car builders, component suppliers, service providers, financial institutions, investors, rail carriers and shippers.
Each Closer Look Report Contains:
- An in depth analysis on one of the six major car types: Covered Hoppers, Tank Cars, Gondolas, Open Top Hoppers, Box Cars, and Flat Cars.
- An executive summary that highlights the important take-away’s of the report
- A market overview detailing the industries and commodity traffic bases that each fleet relies on, as well as analysis focusing on the fleet sub-segments.
- A detailed fleet overview and analysis by car type segment for each major fleet, including such important factors as fleet size, age profile, ownership mix profiles, traffic base mix, unique car characteristics, historic deliveries, retirements, and fleet utilization
- Forecasts and projections by fleet segment of fleet demand growth, new car deliveries, retirements
- Comprehensive fleet ownership profiles by car type segment, including historical ownership shares and trends.
- The effects of the freight transportation market on historical and current trends for fleet utilization and equipment surpluses.
- Thorough age profiles for each fleet and its segments, discussing the cumulative effects of retirements, new car orders, and deliveries on the overall age and production backlog of the fleet, as well as forecasted changes in each of these areas.
- The Closer Look reports are updated annually using the latest available data from FTR, AllTranstek and a variety of industry sources.